Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Will I Walk Down The Aisle Once More?

As Larissa shared with you all yesterday we had our ultrasound today and were able to find out the sex of our baby. Based on the fact that I am writing this post and titled it the way I did you probably already know what I am about to say, but I am going to say it anyway. To qoute the ultrasound tech we have officially "broke the mold." Boy, am I super excited to say that I have a daughter!!! In fact, I have a household full of excited people.

For a father there is nothing quite like knowing that God has blessed your life with a son, but (and this is a huge BUT) there is also nothing quite like saying that God has blessed a father's life with a sweet baby girl. My mind has been in overdrive thinking about all the possible special moments yet come. For example, I briefly thought about the possiblity that I would walk my daughter down the aisle. Wow! Just such a thought brings up a flood of emotion.

At any rate, we want all our friends to know this great news, and I also would ask that you pray for Larissa and the baby. Larissa continues to be pretty sick, so please pray that she would still glory in the Lord and be spiritually encouraged despite being physically exhausted and in pain much of the day. As for our daughter, Petra Anastasia, and all our children for that matter, please pray that they would come to know and be known by Christ. Pray that He would draw them unto Himself and save them for His glory.

We will keep you all posted on any further news. Thank you all for your prayers and wonderful words of encouragement.

4 comments:

Dominey Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for y'all. I was wondering if you would share the meaning of her name. All your children have neat names and I thought a cool blog would be sharing where and why you chose each of their names. (As if you don't have enough to do.) Haahaa!

CharlesandMichelle said...

HOW EXCITING! OH! PTL!
Excited to see His abundant blessings on your family!
Praying for you guys!
Ciao,
The Taylors

Anonymous said...

We love all you guys, and hope the last weeks go smoothly. Love you sister. :)

Larissa said...

Jenn-

That is a great idea! I will suggest it to William, he explains it so much better (since he has chosen the majority!). We will try and post on that soon!!

Thanks Michelle and Charles! I hope you are able to meet the rest of the brood!

Blessings,
Larissa